NEW LEXUS RC F SPORT BLACK EDITION: ALL-BLACK THEME INSPIRED BY TRADITIONAL JAPANESE SUMI INK
- First appearance of new RC F SPORT Black Edition, featuring dramatic and exclusive exterior and interior styling features
- Colouring evokes the deep and rich black shade of sumi, the traditional ink for Japanese brush painting and calligraphy
- Black stainless steel window frame mouldings, matt black F SPORT alloy wheels and new dark chrome spindle grille and front fog light bezels
- Interior finished with new black wood trim inserts, coloured using sumi ink, and smooth black leather upholstery with contrast orange stitching
- Available exclusively with a Graphite Black metallic paint finish
The athletic lines of the Lexus RC 300h F SPORT coupe are given dramatic added visual impact in a special new Black Edition model, revealed for the first time at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show.
As its name declares, the Black Edition emphasises a dynamic and stealthy look with a range of new black styling elements, inspired by the dense colour of Japanese sumi ink, used for centuries in traditional brush painting and calligraphy.
The F SPORT spindle grille, with its graduated “L” motif mesh pattern, has a new dark chrome finish. This is also featured on new-design, circular LED fog lights. These are positioned on the margins of the lower grille section, adding to the car’s powerful front lighting signature.
The 19-inch F SPORT alloy wheels have a matt black finish, while the window mouldings, too, are in stainless steel, toning smartly with the coupe’s Graphite Black metallic paintwork.
In the cabin, the F SPORT seats and steering wheel are upholstered in black smooth leather, with detailing picked out in vibrant orange stitching. There are also new wood trim inserts with a deep black colour achieved through staining with sumi ink.
The RC F SPORT Black Edition is powered by Lexus’s self-charging hybrid electric powertrain, featuring a 2.5-litre petrol engine and a powerful electric motor, producing a maximum full-system output of 223 DIN hp/164kW. Smooth and responsive, yet highly efficient, it delivers combined cycle fuel economy from 5.0l/100km and CO2 emissions from 116g/km.