1-2 WIN FOR LEXUS LC 500 IN THE 2019 SUPER GT CHAMPIONSHIP
The #6 Wako’s 4CR Lexus LC 500 of Kazuya Oshima and Kenta Yamashita emerged triumphant in a thrilling showdown to the 2019 Super GT Series at Twin Ring Motegi on Sunday Nov 3.
Oshima and Yamashita went into the final race of the season at the top of the points standings and as title favourites. However, two other crews were bidding to deprive them of the title, including the #37 LC 500 entered by KeePer TOM’S and driven by Ryo Hirakawa and Nick Cassidy.
The race winner in the GT500 class was the #37 KeePer TOM'S, allowing the team to claim the Team Championship title for the 2019 season.
The #6 WAKO'S 4CR LC 500 finished 2nd in Motegi, giving Oshima and Yamashita their first Drivers Championship title.
The third place of the Motegi race podium went to the car #36, the au TOM’S LC 500 of Kazuki Nakajima and Yuhi Sekiguchi, followed by car #38, ZENT CERUMO LC 500 driven by Yuji Tachikawa and Hiroaki Ishiura, locking out the top four positions for Lexus in the LC 500’s final race in the Super GT Series before it is retired from competition.
2019 Final ranking drivers – GT500 class
- #6 Kazuya Oshima / Kenta Yamashita 85 pts
- #37 Ryo Hirakawa / Nick Cassidy 83 pts
- #23 Tsugio Matsuda / Ronnie Quintarelli 52.5 pts
- #38 Yuji Tachikawa / Hiroaki Ishiura 46.5 pts
- #39 Heikki Kovalainen / Yuichi Nakayama 44 pts
- #36 Kazuki Nakajima / Yuhi Sekiguchi 38 pts
- #19 Yuji Kunimoto / Sho Tsuboi 27.5 pts
2019 Final ranking teams – GT500 class
- #37 LEXUS TEAM KeePer TOM'S 107 pts
- #6 LEXUS TEAM LEMANS WAKO'S 106 pts
- #23 NISMO 69.5 pts
- #38 LEXUS TEAM ZENT CERUMO 65.5 pts
- #39 LEXUS TEAM SARD 64 pts
- #36 LEXUS TEAM au TOM'S 53 pts
- #19 LEXUS TEAM WedsSport BANDOH 46.5 pts
For more information please visit: https://supergt.net/news/single/19719